One of the most common questions we hear from businesses large and small is, “How can I tell if/when my company needs a new website?” This is a critical question because your website is the digital face of your business and can be one of your best sources of more leads and sales. At Webmendi, we look at a variety of factors to help determine whether or not a business needs a website redesign and have listed the 7 key signs in this article.
It’s Probably Time for a Website Redesign When…
There are many signs that your company may need a website redesign, and some are more important than others. Our digital marketing strategists consider the following to be some of the most important factors.
Your website is not mobile-optimized (responsive)
- Smartphones aren’t going away anytime soon. In fact, many people are spending more and more time online using their smartphones.
As a result, businesses need a website that works great on every device. The solution we recommend is called a responsive website. A responsive website is a website that is easy-to-use on desktops, tablets, and smartphones because the content of the site automatically adjusts to fit on large and small screens. Creating a website that is “responsive” is a standard part of the website design process at Webmendi.
The bounce rate is sky high
- Your website’s bounce rate (which you can find in your Google Analytics reports) is the percentage of visitors who land on your website and then leave without looking at any other pages on the site.
A bounce rate between 40-50% is generally considered a decent bounce rate, as this indicates that 50-60% of the people who land on your website are sticking around and diving deeper into the site. The criteria for determining a what is a “good” bounce rate include a number of factors (for example, your home page versus a blog post), and one of our goals when redesigning your website is to help decrease the bounce rate.
Book a free 15-minute website redesign consultation with Webmendi today.
You’re not getting enough inquiries or calls
- Have you noticed your phones have been ringing less? Are you seeing a decrease in sales, inquiries, or form submissions from your website?
Even if your website is getting a lot of traffic, if you’re not seeing a steady increase in leads or sales then your website may have a problem converting visitors to leads, guests, or customers. As part of the website redesign process, our goal is to help improve conversions on your website.
Your brand has outgrown the existing design
- Has your company gone through a rebranding since your last website redesign? Did you get a new logo or color palette?
Your website sends a clear message about your brand identity and personality to potential customers. Make sure your brand’s identity isn’t being “stolen” by a bad (or simply outdated) design.
Simple website edits are getting too expensive
- The days of needing a degree in programming or advanced HTML skills just so you could add a new page to your website are long gone. Content Management Systems are making it easier for just about anyone to manage a website and add new pages, text copy, and photos on their website.
At Webmendi, we build websites for businesses on WordPress Content Management System, which lets business owners, marketers, and other staff inside the company quickly and easily add new pages, photos, text copy, and videos to the website.
You’re not getting found in Google search results
- Yikes! This is a big one. If your website isn’t ranking near the top of the organic (unpaid) search results for important keywords that your potential customers are typing-in to find your products or services online then you could be missing out on traffic, leads, and possibly even sales.
There’s a lot that goes into performing Search Engine Optimization (SEO), but even the fundamental components of SEO on your website can cause a noticeable shift in your rankings in the search engines and help bring more searchers to your site.
It’s been 5+ years since your last website redesign
- For most businesses, we typically recommend a website redesign every 4-6 years. Web design trends come and go, but many profound, long-lasting developments can take place over the course of just a few years.
For example, home page “sliders” (a.k.a. slideshows) were once all the rage. Then, companies discovered that loading a series of big images on the webpage could lead to slower website load speeds and have a negative impact on user-experience. Not surprisingly, this led many companies to search for alternatives to website sliders (slideshows).
Book Your Website Redesign Consult Today!
If you’re ready to book a 15-minute website redesign consult with our Digital Marketing Strategist, Davit, please click here to find a time that works best for your schedule.